We are committed to offering quality race events to local paddleboard enthusiasts at an affordable price.
PAST RACE RESULTS
Our 2nd annual SUP ‘n RUN event is Sunday, July 23rd at Little Campbell Lake (Kincaid Park)
This year we have 4 race options and the events will be spaced so that you can participate in all of them, if you wish!
- 2 mile paddle-only
- SUP ‘n RUN: 1 mile paddle followed by a 4 mile trail run
- 1/2 mile recreational (untimed) costume race
- 1/2 mile recreational (untimed) SUP with PUP race (*all dogs must have a PFD to participate)
Race Entry Fees
• SUP n RUN*: $40 per person for bring your own gear; $50 per person with gear rental
• 2 mile SUP*: $30 per person for bring your own gear; $40 per person with gear rental
• 1/2 mile Costume Race: $10 per person (bring your own gear)
• 1/2 mile SUP with PUP: $10 per person (bring your own gear)
*Promo code for racers who wish to participate in both the SUP ‘n RUN and 2 mile SUP races: Enter “doublefun” at check-out for $10 off!Book online now!
- 2017 Schedule of Events and Updated Course Map coming soon!
- All racers are required to wear a personal flotation device (PFD) and leash while on the water.
- All dogs are required to wear a personal flotation device (PFD) for the SUP with PUP race.
- AWS will be renting paddleboards out for the event on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will also be partnering with other local businesses to get everyone outfitted with gear. However, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that your gear is pre-arranged for the event.
Pre-race SUP Clinic with Hailey Driver
Date and time: TBD
Born and raised in Alaska, Girdwood resident Hailey Driver has taken her passion for paddle boarding from recreation to competitive racing in her four years on the water. Her love for competition and travel has brought her to some of the largest races in the world such as the Carolina Cup and the Columbia Gorge Paddle Challenge. For the 2016 season she is riding for Starboard Paddle Boards, a leader in SUP innovation and race board design. She is not only a competitor, but also an ambassador for the sport she loves so much. She hopes to see Paddle Boarding and the positive attitude that goes along with it grow to it’s fullest within her home state and though out the world.
AWS operates under Municipality of Anchorage and Alaska State Parks permits. We are passionate about promoting practice of safe recreation on the water; All clients are required to utilize a leash and PFD (personal flotation device).